Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Bittersweet Time


I know the quality of this pic isn't very good, but I really wanted to post it anyway. Yes, it is a pile of debris. This is what I swept off the floor of our home school room as I cleaned last night. (Don't judge me too harshly...this was all hidden under furniture. ;-)) As I swept up piles of dirt and washed muddy hand prints off doors, I was reminded of all the joys and gifts of grace we have experienced in this house. For example, in this pile there are:

1. Clumps of pet fur, which remind me of our great cat, Woodstock, and dog, Dynamite. They were such sweet pets, so tolerant of being loved on by four boys. We are so thankful that the Lord has provided new homes for both, but we will miss those guys!

2. Airsoft bullets, which call to mind backyard battles involving Gideon and anyone else who was willing :-).

3. Math pattern blocks, a counting bear, pencils, erasers, etc. We certainly shed some tears over challenging math problems (and homeschooling in general), but also rejoiced when a difficult concept was finally understood. I have loved homeschooling here and delighted in learning along with my boys.

4. Glitter. This was before Mark made us throw away the glitter, as it has a tendency to spread ALL OVER your house.

5. Legos. Another thing that has an ability to mysteriously spread everywhere, but oh, have my boys had some fun times building with Legos.

I could go on, but you get the idea. We thank the Lord for 5 plus great years in this house. We are thankful that even though we are leaving this house behind, we will always have the memories we have made here. But we are, in Josiah's words, feeling a little sad and a little scared. Thank you for your prayers.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet. We are praying that God blesses you in your new homes and positions.
    ~Nathaniel Kolb

    ReplyDelete