Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mystery beans...

It has taken me a while to gather the pics needed for this post. We have some plants in our yard that produce something that we enjoy very much. Can you guess what it is? Here are some pics to help you:

Here are Silas and Benjamin picking this crop with some help from our dog, Justice.
Our neighbor, Jennifer, washing the fruit and removing the beans
Benjamin drying the beans
A close up shot
After I've roasted the beans...can you guess what they are? If you guessed coffee, you're right! They make a pretty good cup of joe too! Kind of fun to drink coffee grown in your own yard.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. What a blessing! I didn't know coffee looked like that before roasting. Neat. I'm jealous:-) Heather Ikirt Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fascinating! Homegrown food at its finest! Now, coffee and chocolate sound like a good garden to me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I have bought coffee from micro lots through a California company. I might have another source! There is NOTHING like a home roasted cup of joe! I can't imagine the joy of drinking a cup from your back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool indeed. I'd love to be able to do the same :). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not guess, but I would like to try some in my French press:)

    ReplyDelete