Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving week highlights

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for you all. Here are some highlights from our Thanksgiving week:

We got two packages in the mail!! What a treat! For this pic, I asked everyone to hold their favorite item :-). For the record, Gid chose mac and cheese, Levi - gummy bears, Silas - a pickup truck for his birthday, Josiah - Lego magazine, and Mark - choco chips.

Another, umm, highlight (for the boys at least) was slaughtering our turkey. Here are some pics of the event. I've left out the most graphic ones, but they're still kind of gross. Really makes me appreciate Butterball!


De-feathering

I'll stop there. You can thank me later :-). Obviously, after some more work, we were able to enjoy eating Mr. Turkey the next day. Even more, we enjoyed great fellowship with new friends. 


This is a terrible pic with all the glowing eyes. I didn't take as many pics as I should have, so this is all I've got :-).

Tomorrow, we are heading to a Ugandan wedding, so I'm sure there will be more pics to come in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. The kids like how you always have lots of guests in your pictures. We all want to know if a "fresh" turkey is better than store bought.

    ReplyDelete