Sunday, December 15, 2013

Meet the Deacons

Now that my (Mark's) time at the government hospital has completed I have been able to devote more time to the other components of my job here. A good bit of that time will be spent working with the deacons of the local churches. There are roughly 11 of these churches that are part of the denomination in the surrounding area. So last week I invited the deacons of these congregations to my house in order to get to know them and hear what is going on in their churches.

My plans for now are to visit each of their churches, learn about their congregation and get a sense of what assets are available among the members. The main project that I will be joining in with them on is a fish farm that they recently dug and plan on stocking soon.

Thanks for following the blog and for your prayers. We will keep you up to date on how things go!


No comments:

Post a Comment