Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Western PA & West Virginia Wrap-up

I can hardly believe it, but a week from today, we'll be in a plane on our way to Uganda, Lord willing. We have had a sweet time visiting with my mom, sister, and step-dad, with side trips to visit friends in WV and a college roommate reunion. Here's some highlights:

Adventurer Levi & his grandma preparing to head out for a swim in the creek

A visit to Waldameer Park!!!
Ice Cream!

Motorcycles!

Ferris Wheel overlooking Lake Erie with Aunt Heather

We spent the weekend visiting with our friends and church family from Reformation OPC in Morgantown, WV. They had a picnic for us, and it was great to fellowship with people who have been such an encouragement to us in our faith.
Take me home, country roads...

Carolyn, one of those dear friends

On the way back to my mom's from WV, we stopped in Pittsburgh for a brief college roommate reunion. The five of us have gotten together almost every summer for the past 15 years since college. I made them promise to Skype me when they're together next summer.

My girls 
(note how we are blissfully ignoring the small children scampering up the hillside :-)

Levi attempted to impress the crowd, by suiting up in this space man/football player get-up

We are now back at my mom's, preparing to head for NC in the morning. We ended our evening tonight with a bonfire, and these beautiful lanterns (and some tears...)


No comments:

Post a Comment